Thanks to Tefal and Singapore Home Cooks (SHC) for inviting me to participate in a contest to create recipe using Tefal product, one of my favourite cookware.
I am blessed to have this Tefal Optimal Fuzzy Logic 1.8L Rice Cooker that is packed with plenty of features and settings, the recipes that I am going to create with this fuzzy logic rice cooker is definitely not just rice. A rice cooker can cook more than rice and it can make wonder if you have got one with innovative technology.
First in my menu is the ALL-IN-ONE Braised Pork Belly Served In Chinese Steamed Bun. An easy recipe that other than ingredients, all you need is a rice cooker. Simply stir fry the pork belly and spices in the inner pot of the rice cooker, cover, set the time and let it cook. When it's ready, steam the leaf bun in the steam basket. Serve with lettuce and cherry tomatoes to complete your meal.
I have submit this recipe to Tefal for a contest entry and I am so happy to announce that I WON! I must thank all of you who have voted my recipe, thank you for your support.
Braised Pork Belly Served In Chinese Steamed Bun
Yield 3 servings
600g Pork Belly
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
7 Lotus Leaf Bun
1 Butterhead Lettuce
1 Punnet Cherry Tomato
Some Coriander Leaves
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Rice Wine
1 tsp Sesame Oil
45g Shallot (sliced)
15g Garlic (lightly pounded)
15g Ginger (sliced)
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Star Anise
1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Garlic Pepper
35g Rock Sugar
1 3/4 cup Water
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Wash the pork belly, pat dry with kitchen towel. Cut into 7 thick slices. Add in (A), mix well. Cover with cling wrap and let it marinate for 1 hour.
2. Turn the rice cooker on DIY mode, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in the inner pot. Add in (B), stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add pork belly (reserve the marinates). Cook the pork belly until both sides are slightly brown. Add in the remaining marinates.
Tips: The 3D spherical pot encourage heat circulation from all direction. Make sure there’s no overlapping when you add in the pork belly so that the sides are cooked evenly. It’s fine if the pork belly are placed at the sides of the pot.
4. Stir in (C). Mix well.
5. Close the lid. Set the time to 45 minutes (DIY mode).
6. When the cooking is done, place the Chinese leaf bun on the steam basket. Open the rice cooker lid, flip the pork belly. Put the steam basket in the rice cooker, close the lid, set the time to 15 minutes (DIY mode).
7. To serve: Gently tear-open the steamed lotus leaf bun. Place a lettuce leaf followed by a slice of braised pork belly and some coriander leaves. Serve with cherry tomatoes and more lettuce to complete your meal.
小葱头 45克， 切片
水 1 3/4杯
7. 煮好后，把馒头撕开。放入一片生菜，一片扣肉和少许芫西，即可享用。建议配搭多些蔬菜和小番茄，便能享用完整的一餐。我是用Tefal Optimal Fuzzy Logic 电饭锅。如果你不是用同款的电饭锅，水份和烹饪时间需自行调整。若喜欢我的食谱，可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页，不要错过最新食谱发布。
Here are the pictorial of the recipe: