Moist and fragrant, rich and delish. Chocolate and banana are the perfect match. I made this cake for my birthday this year, 2016.
This dark chocolate ganache can withstand room temperature for hours without melting. Click here to read more >> Dark Chocolate Ganache recipe
|My very simple birthday cake.|
Ingredients: yield one 7" square cake (taller) or two 6" round cake (shorter)
20g Cocoa Powder 无糖可可粉 20克
55g Cake Flour 低粉 55克
1/8 tsp Baking Soda 小苏打 1/8小匙
1/8 tsp Salt 盐 1/8 小匙
5 Egg Yolk 蛋黄 5粒
1 Whole Egg 全蛋 1粒
160g Banana (mashed) 香蕉 160克，压成泥状
50g Oil 油 50克
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 半小匙
5 Egg White 蛋白 5粒
90g Castor Sugar 细砂糖 90克
1/4 tsp Lemon Juice/ Cream of tartar 柠檬汁或塔塔粉 1/4小匙
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Use a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and whole egg until frothy (until small bubbles appeared), whisk in mashed banana, oil and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
2. Gradually sieve in (A). Gently whisk until no more lumps. Do not over mix the batter.
3. In a stand mixer, beat egg white and lemon juice/ cream of tartar until frothy. Gradually beat in sugar. Continue to beat until the meringue is stiff, but not dry.
4. Fold meringue into the yolk batter in 3 batches.
5. Pour the batter into the lined cake tin. Gently tap the cake tin on worktop to release trapped air.
6. Steam bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 60 minutes. When it's done, remove the cake tin from oven. Invert the cake, peel off the baking sheet. Let it cool completely on the rack. Best serve chilled.
- Every oven is different, do adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.
- Step 6: put the cake tin one rack above the lowest rack, place a tray of hot water at the lowest rack.