Everyone knows what is Churro, by the look and taste. Do you know the history of Churro? Most people call it 西班牙油条 in Chinese, sounds like it's originated from Spain. Although the origin of Churro is still unclear, but I find this 'history' of Churro quite interesting...
~ The origin of churros is unclear. One theory is they were brought to Europe from China by the Portuguese. The Portuguese sailed for the Orient and, as they returned from Ming Dynasty China to Portugal, they brought along with them new culinary techniques, including modifying the dough for youtiao, also known as Youzagwei in southern China, for Portugal. However, they modified it by introducing a star design because they did not learn the skill of "pulling" the dough (the Chinese Emperor made it a capital crime to share knowledge with foreigners). As a result, churros are not "pulled" but rather extruded out through a star-shaped die. ~ Source: Wikipedia
Now, in this blog post, I'm going to share the deep fried version of my churros. The mini bite size churros that I customised for the young ones. I made these for my 7yo son to snack on without making much mess at home. You probably can't imagine how much cinnamon sugar my poodle had as a treat from the floor when my son eat the regular size churros. Try this idea if you have young children at home.
|Look at this cute little churro, ohh dear....I want to pop it into my mouth right away! :P|
Last year (2015), I have shared the Baked Churros recipe
>> Click here if you wish to try the baked version.
Recipe adapted from here.
40g Unsalted Butter 无盐牛油 40克
1/2 cup Water 水 125克
1 tbsp Sugar 糖 1汤匙
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
1 Egg (lightly beaten) 鸡蛋 1粒， 打撒
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 半小匙
70g Flour 面粉 70克
Cinnamon Sugar Coating: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
1.5 tbsp Sugar 糖 1.5汤匙
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon 肉桂粉 1小匙
Oil for deep frying. 食油， 适量
|I use Medella Organic Coconut Cooking Oil in this recipe.|
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. In a saucepan, heat up water, butter, sugar and salt, bring to boil. Turn off heat.
2. Stir in flour. Mix well with a spatula.
3. Add in egg in 2 batches. Stir in vanilla extract. Mix well.
4. Form a sticky soft dough.
5. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a nozzle.
6. Heat up oil in a saucepan until the temperature reaches 180'C. Carefully pipe the dough over the pot of oil to a length about 2cm, use scissors to cut it off to release into the oil.
7. Deep fry until golden brown. Transfer the cooked churros onto a lined plate/ basket, let it sit for a minute. Transfer the churros into the bowl of cinnamon sugar, roll to coat. Repeat for the rest.
8. Serve right away. 即可享用。若喜欢我的食谱，可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页，不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
|By KH Chew|
|By Rosie Wee|
|By Rosina Hong|
|By Shirlyn Tye|