Happy Mid Autumn Festival!
This year, I have started my mooncake baking with this simple one made without mooncake mould.
In the past, I do not share mooncake recipes because you may be able to find more than hundred of mooncake recipes online. However, this particular one that I am sharing here is the one that made without shortening 白油. This is something that I think some of you may be interested to try out.
Made with homemade lard, this is the natural fat used in this recipe to yield the nice crumbly pastry.
300g Blue Jacket Unbleached Plain Flour 面粉 300克
100g Icing Sugar 糖粉 100克
50g Milk Powder 奶粉 50克
24g Custard Powder 蛋黄粉 24克
1.5 tbsp Baking Powder 发粉 1.5 汤匙
100g Lard (or shortening if you don't take lard) 猪油 100 克，不吃猪油的可以采用白油
50g Planta 白兰他 50克
2 Eggs 鸡蛋 2粒
600g White Lotus Paste 白莲蓉 600克
12 Salted Egg Yolk 咸蛋黄 12粒
1 Egg Yolk (lightly beaten) 蛋黄 1 粒，打散
Black Sesame Seeds/ Pumpkin Seeds 黑芝麻或南瓜子，装饰
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Steam salted egg yolk for 10 minutes. Let it cool completely.
2. Divide white lotus paste into 50g each. Roll the paste into a ball, gently flatten the center and add in a cooked salted egg yolk. Wrap up and roll into a ball, repeat for the rest.
3. When the filling is ready, mix (A) to form a dough. Divide dough into 50g each. Wrap filling and roll into a ball. Place on a lined baking tray. Repeat for the rest.
Note: If the dough is too soft, place it in the fridge to chill for 15-30minutes. 如果面团太软，先放进冰箱，冷却后才包馅。
4. Egg wash with (C), decorate with black sesame seeds/ pumpkin seeds.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 190'C for 20-25 minutes.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!