Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Piggy Mooncake Biscuit 传统公仔饼/猪仔饼




This is one of my favourite childhood festive food. My mom made traditional mooncakes every year, all from scratch. She never like anything store-bought, so she'd make her own golden syrup, lotus paste, red bean paste etc...

When I was a child, I didn't like mooncakes with fillings. So she'd make mooncake biscuits for me. We called it doll biscuit 公仔饼. I always joined in the fun shaping the biscuit into pigs, goldfishes and some funny-looking dolls. Too bad we do not have iPhone last time, I do not have a single picture of the doll biscuit to share here...all that I could remember is the joy of being together with my family....a precious piece of memory.






I am a modern mom but I love to introduce my childhood food to my son, especially festive food. Although he may not like all of them, at least he knows what mommy likes and what kind of food that his grandma had prepared for his mom, what Chinese eats during mooncake festival ...etc... Hmm....sounds complicated right? Well, what I'd like to do is to carry on some of our family cultures and traditions so that our next generation will treasure our cultures and traditional values.

The Three Little Pigs, where's the big bad wolf?


Now, what's the hottest game in town? POKEMON GO! 

My Pikachu mooncake biscuit looks a bit like a rabbit! Lol...

Packed some for a friend...

In the making.....

Made another batch of Piggy Doll Mooncake Biscuits for the kid.
This is the improved version :P
Photo updated: September 2021. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...