Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a classic Italian pasta. Aglio ~ fresh garlic, Olio ~ good oil. With just simple ingredients that you probably already have in hand, this gonna be the easiest pasta recipe you'll ever make.
I normally cook this for dinner, added some baby spinach, served as one pot dish for my family. The recipe that I'm sharing in this blog post is the basic one with just bacon and shrimps which I used to pack for my 7yo school snacks.
|My son's school snacks. If you like my bento/ school snacks idea,click here, follow my facebook page to receive more school snacks ideas.|
Ingredients: (1 serving 一人份)
80g Spaghetti 意面 80克
4 cloves Garlic (chopped) 蒜头 4棵（切碎）
2 tbsp Chopped Bacon 熏肉碎 2汤匙
6－8 Shrimps 虾仁 6－8 只 （撒些盐和胡椒粉调味）
(seasoned with a pinch of salt & pepper)
Pepper & Salt, add to taste 盐和胡椒粉 适量
*2 tbsp Water 水 2汤匙
Dried/ Fresh Parsley 香菜 少许
Some Olive Oil for cooking 橄榄油 适量
* Adjust the water quantity accordingly. 水的份量自行调整
|Another simple version ~ Aglio e Olio with sausage and broccoli, topped with crispy garlic for extra crunch.|
I used linguine this time...run out of spaghetti :P
Photo updated: October 2019
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Cook spaghetti according to the packet instruction. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet, add in garlic, stir and fry until fragrant and starting to colour.
3. Add in bacon and shrimps, stir fry until the prawn is almost cooked.
4. Stir in spaghetti and drizzle some water. Add pepper and salt to taste.
Note: This recipe is customised for my 7yo who doesn't like spicy food, so I leave out the red chili flakes and black pepper. You may add this with the salt to enhance the flavours. ;)
5. Garnish with parsley. Dish out and serve warm.