Baked Japanese Style Sweet Rice Cake, a really simple cake to make at home. Well, basically just mix everything in a bowl and bake!
I made it into 3 layers with chocolate, vanilla and rose flavours to yield these lovely colours!
225g Japanese Sweet Rice Flour (Mochiko, available in Japanese stores/ supermarket)
1 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Water
2/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp Rose Syrup (or strawberry syrup)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Mix all (A) ingredients in a bowl.
2. Divide batter into 3 equal portions. Add in (B) separately into each portion.
3. Lightly grease a 6" round baking pan. Pour chocolate batter into the baking pan.
4. Gently tap the baking pan onto worktop to release trapped bubbles. Cover the baking pan loosely with aluminium foil.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, pour in the vanilla batter. repeat step 4. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, pour in the rose/ strawberry batter, repeat step 4. Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
8. Remove from oven, let it sit on the cooling rack until completely cooled. Slice and enjoy. Best serve chilled! If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!