When I was a kid, whenever my mom cooked pearl beans soup, I'd eat up all the pearl beans. I simply love the tender and creamy taste of these beans. Now that I cooked pearl beans soup for my son, I never expect him to eat or even taste the beans because this little guy never like any beans at all. He just drink the soup and that's good enough because this soup is nutritious and nourishing.
煲汤骨 : 蛋白质、铁、钠、鈣質。
350g Pork Ribs/ Soup Bones
90g Pearl Beans
1 Dried Octopus
1 Old Cucumber (about 500g)
5 Seedless Red Dates
800ml Hot Water or until 1/3 full, just enough to cover all the ingredients)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
The method that I'm sharing in this blog post is using pressure cooker method.
If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can use a conventional pot to cook this soup. Just bring all ingredients (except salt, add more water) to a boil, cook on high heat for 30 minutes, reduce heat to low, simmer for another 75 minutes. Add salt to taste, cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
If cooking in a slow cooker or double boil, cook for 4 hours.
1. Wash the pork ribs/ soup bones, immerse in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water.
4. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the 1st orange ring.
5. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
6. When the cooking is over, turn off the heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or turn the knob to lock/unlock to release pressure. When there's no more pressure, open the cover.
7. Add (B) and some salt to taste. Repeat step 3 to 5, cook for 15 minutes. Continue with step 6.
8. Serve warm.