Simply because we are addicted to baguettes lately after our pancake craze!
Here comes the plain baguettes after my Charcoal Baguettes. When I bake it BLACK, everyone asked 'why black?', this time I bake it plain and everyone asked 'why not black?'...lol... human are hard to pleased ;)
If you do not like the plain and black version, try this Green Tea Baguette. My all times favourite!
Click here for recipe >> Green Tea Baguette recipe.
Ingredients: Yield 4 medium baguette
500g Baguette Flour
1 tsp Salt
100g Castor Sugar
1.5 tsp Instant Yeast
370g Water (adjust accordingly)
3 tbsp Oil
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a stand mixer, mix all dry ingredients. (Kitchenaid speed 1)
2. Mix in water (Speed 1). Knead for 25 minutes (Speed 2). Gradually add in oil. Knead another 5-10 minutes until the dough is glossy and elastic.
3. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 60 minutes or doubled in size.
4. Transfer to a floured work top. The dough is very sticky, make sure to use generous amount of flour to handle the dough.
5. Divide dough into 4 portions. Shape as desired. Place on a lined baking tray.
6. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 30-40 minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 20 minutes. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.