Making pink bread with natural colour from fruits is quite challenging because the natural colour from the fruits tends to fade or change after baked.
I have tried beetroot for red but turned out orange, blue peas flowers for blue but turned out greyish...
|Blue Peas Flower bread|
and red dragon fruit for pink loaf but turned out yellow.
|First attempt ~ I was so happy when I see pink at the edges, but....|
|....too bad, the inside is not pink! ~ First attempt.|
|This photo was taken on day 4. Still very soft on day 4.|
Although I have failed badly, I never give up because this bread taste really good and very soft. So I have decided to try again, made small buns instead of big loaf, baked with low temperature, shorten baking time. And, yes....this time, I have succeeded! Pink soft buns, nice colour, taste great!
Here's the video to show how soft is the bread....on day 2 :)
Ingredients: (yield 10 buns)
200g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 200克
4g Instant Yeast 快速酵母 4克
16g Milk Powder 奶粉 16克
25g Egg (lightly beaten) 全蛋 25克
50g Red Dragonfruit (cut into small chunks) 火龙果 50克（切小块）
90g Milk (plain/ strawberry milk) 牛奶（原味或草莓口味） 90克
70g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 70克
40g Sugar 砂糖 40克
About 1tsp Salt 盐 1小匙
35g Milk 牛奶 35克
30g Butter (softened) 牛油 30克
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
|I use Blue Jacket Unbleached Bread Flour in this recipe.|
1. Mix (A) to form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 60 minutes.
2. Cut (1) dough into smaller pieces, add in (B) and knead to combined. Gradually knead in (C) until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 40 minutes.
4. Transfer the dough on worktop, deflate and divide dough into 10 portions and roll into balls. Cover and let it sit for 10 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough and roll into balls, transfer to a lightly greased/ lined baking tray. Cover and let it proof 50-60 minutes.
6. Egg wash and bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 12-15minutes.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
|By Joni Lian|