|Good things must share. |
Packed some freshly baked dark caramel popcorn for my son's school friends,
I bet no kids will resist popcorn! :P
Dark Caramel Popcorn - An irresistible snacks loved by both grown up and kids. Crispy, tasty and addictive. It's perfect for snacking on at home or giving away as gifts during the holiday season.
Unlike the previous 2 recipes that I have shared....
~ Crispy Caramel Popcorn (stove top/ no bake/ no machine)
~ Rainbow Popcorn Bars (stove top/ no bake/ no machine)
.......this time, it's a MUST-BAKE recipe. Ok, I know everyone is curious about the taste and crispiness. I baked this more than one hour, no doubt they are crispy to the max! Taste wise, my 2 foodies at home ~ hubby and son both gives 2 thumbs up says these are as good as Garrett's popcorns. And I said...they are as sweet as Garrett's ;)
I have a video shared on my blog page, if you are not convinced that homemade popcorn can be crispy, do watch the video to believe. Click HERE to watch the video.
1/2 cup Corn Kernel
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
|I use Medella Organic Coconut Cooking Oil in this recipe.|
2 tbsp Molasses
200g Brown Sugar
113g Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Use (A) ingredients, make the popped corn. Click here to read the method. When it's ready, transfer the popped corn to a large tray or bowl. set aside.
2. Preheat oven 90'C.
3. Heat up (B) ingredients (except baking soda) in a pot or large saucepan.
4. Stirring occasionally, simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar dissolve, bring to boil. Turn off heat and immediately stir in baking soda. The mixture will bubble and turn foamy.
5. Immediately pour the hot caramel syrup over the popped corn and stir to coat.
6. Spread the hot caramel corn onto a lined baking tray. Bake 90'C for 1 hour + 15 minutes or until crispy, stir the corn every 15 minutes during baking.
7. When it's ready, leave it in the oven for 5 minutes before transfer to the cooling rack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container when it's completely cooled.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Nadia Ooi|
|By Simonne Ho|
|By Nicole Chan|
|By Debbie Ho|