Woke up late on a Saturday morning, my initial plan (on the day before) was to make hash brown. Looking at the clock, it was already 10am so I suggested 'why not we go out for a nice brunch?' .....but my little boy showing his puppy eyes again said 'Mommy, can you cook breakfast for me? I want your food' .....at this point, I think no mother would resist to rush to the kitchen and dig out whatever ingredients available and start cooking...that's what I did!
Found a bunch of ripe bananas....let's go banana! Made some light and full of banana goodness pancakes!
Layered and topped with banana slices and chocolate syrup, these pancakes are scrumptious!
1/2 cup Flour (I used Blue Jacket Unbleached All Purpose Flour) 面粉 半杯
1 tbsp Sugar 糖 1 汤匙
1 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 1小匙
1/8 tsp Salt 盐 1/8小匙
1 Extra Small Egg (or 1/2 egg, I used 1 kampong chicken egg) 鸡蛋 半粒
1/2 cup Milk 牛奶 半杯
1 tbsp Medella Premium Organic Coconut Cooking Oil or any neutral flavour vegetable oil 菜油 1 汤匙
1 large Ripe Banana (mashed) 熟香蕉 1 条 ，用叉压成泥状
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精
1 Banana (sliced) 香蕉 1条，切片
Some chocolate syrup 巧克力酱
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix all (A) in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Lightly whisk all (B) in another bowl until well combined.
3. Pour (B) into (A). Mix until well combined. Do not over-mix the batter.
4. Wipe a drop of cooking oil in a non stick pan, heat the pan (medium-high heat).
5. Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the pan, cook till the bubbles form on the pancake, flip over.
6. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 to use up the batter.
8. Layer and top with some banana slices, drizzle some chocolate syrup and serve immediately.