Woke up late on a Saturday morning, my initial plan (on the day before) was to make hash brown. Looking at the clock, it was already 10am so I suggested 'why not we go out for a nice brunch?' .....but my little boy showing his puppy eyes again said 'Mommy, can you cook breakfast for me? I want your food' .....at this point, I think no mother would resist to rush to the kitchen and dig out whatever ingredients available and start cooking...that's what I did!
Found a bunch of ripe bananas....let's go banana! Made some light and full of banana goodness pancakes!
Layered and topped with banana slices and chocolate syrup, these pancakes are scrumptious!
1/2 cup Flour (I used Blue Jacket Unbleached All Purpose Flour) 面粉 半杯
1 tbsp Sugar 糖 1 汤匙
1 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 1小匙
1/8 tsp Salt 盐 1/8小匙
1 Extra Small Egg (or 1/2 egg, I used 1 kampong chicken egg) 鸡蛋 半粒
1/2 cup Milk 牛奶 半杯
1 tbsp Medella Premium Organic Coconut Cooking Oil or any neutral flavour vegetable oil 菜油 1 汤匙
1 large Ripe Banana (mashed) 熟香蕉 1 条 ，用叉压成泥状
1 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精
1 Banana (sliced) 香蕉 1条，切片
Some chocolate syrup 巧克力酱
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix all (A) in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Lightly whisk all (B) in another bowl until well combined.
3. Pour (B) into (A). Mix until well combined. Do not over-mix the batter.
4. Wipe a drop of cooking oil in a non stick pan, heat the pan (medium-high heat).
5. Pour 2 tbsp of batter onto the pan, cook till the bubbles form on the pancake, flip over.
6. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6 to use up the batter.
8. Layer and top with some banana slices, drizzle some chocolate syrup and serve immediately.
If you like my recipe, click here, follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!