Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Pear & Snow Fungus Sweet Soup ~Pressure Cooker Recipe 简易版~霜雪糖水 - 润燥滋阴, 养颜, 清心润肺



I love dessert especially this kind of nourishing dessert that is good for skin. However I hardly cook this because the cooking time is about 4 hours simmering in a slow cooker. 

Click here for slow cooker version of Pear & Snow Fungus Sweet Soup recipe.





Seriously, it's quite time consuming and my problem is ... the slow cooker takes up so much space of my worktop for that half day of cooking. You will get what I mean if only you have a small kitchen with limited worktop space ;) 




It's been a long time I heard about pressure cooker can shorten cooking time but I doubt it will taste good. Until I get my WMF Perfect Pro pressure cooker, I tried, tasted and to my surprise, YES, it taste as good as the 3-4 hours slow cooked dessert. Just 15 minutes cooking time, I AM IMPRESSED! 

  


Ingredients: 



3 Asian Pear (peeled and cut into big chunks)

30g Snow Fungus, about 135g after soaked

8 Seedless Red Dates

16g Chinese Almond 南杏 (apricot kernel)

2 Dried Figs (US)

1 Litre Hot Water




Some rock sugar (add to taste)





If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Add all ingredients (except rock sugar) into WMF Prefect Pro pressure cooker, I use 3L pot.






2. Close with the cover and set the knob to 1. 



3. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the first orange ring.



4. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 15 minutes. 

5. When the cooking is over, turn off heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or until there's no more pressure, turn the knob to unlock. Add rock sugar. You can close the cover and let the remaining heat to dissolve the sugar or just bring to boil until the sugar dissolve. 




6. It's ready by now. Serve warm or chilled. If you like my recipe, click here and follow my page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...