Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Yam & Sweet Potato Sweet Soup (aka Bubur Cha Cha) 椰香磨磨喳喳糖水


I bought some yam and sweet potato today, thought of making nian gao snack but I changed my mind because I had this sudden crave... Bubur Cha Cha! 

It's been more than 10 years I never had a nice bowl of Bubur Cha Cha, the one that taste like my mom's home cooked. Taste of home, that's what I'm craving for.....and the only way to fulfil my crave is make my own. 


My mom used to cook sweet soup almost everyday. Being a 'loyal follower' in my mom's kitchen for so many years, cooking sweet soup is nothing challenging to me. Just boil, boil and keep boiling lol... 







Ingredients: (yield 2-3 servings) 材料 :2-3 人份


120g Yam (peeled, cut into cubes) 芋头 120克 (去皮,切小)

100g Sweet Potato (Japan, peeled, cut into cubes) 日本番薯 100克(去皮,切小)

Water 水 适量 (盖过芋头和番薯大概2寸,看下图参考份量)
(I didn't measure the amount, I use the small saucepan, just fill up until 1inch to full. Refer to Pic 1 for reference. Do not add water after that.)

4-5 Pandan Leaves 班兰叶 4-5 片,打结
(be generous so your dessert will smells good!)

2 tbsp Sago 沙谷米 2汤匙,稍微洗一洗,滤干
(Rinse and drain) 

Sugar/ Rock Sugar 冰糖/砂糖 适量
(add to taste)

Coconut Milk  椰奶 适量
(fresh or packet, add to taste)

*Pinch of Salt (optional) 盐 少许,随意




Pic 1


If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method: 步骤

1. In a saucepan, add water, yam and sweet potato, bring to boil. Reduce heat to med-high, cover and cook until it's softened (about 20-30 minutes, depends on the size). 
把芋头,番薯和水放进锅里煮沸,转中火,煮20-30分钟或至芋头和番薯软化。

2. Add pandan leaves and sago, cook until the sago is 'half-cooked'. You can see the white dots in the middle. Add sugar to taste. Reduce to very low heat, stir in coconut milk. 
加入班兰叶和沙谷米,煮至沙谷米接近熟透(中间有白点)。加糖,转小火,加椰奶和盐。

*You may add a pinch of salt to the coconut milk if you like it more flavourful. *

3. When the sago is fully cooked, remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.
沙谷米煮至透明,熄火。即可。

Note: 
Do not over cooked the sago else the soup may turn gooey and thick. 
放了沙谷米后要看火,不要煮太久,不然会变成糊,就不好吃了。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click herefollow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...