This was my first salted egg yolk dish using homemade salted egg yolk. It may not sounds very healthy, but it's seriously addictive and delicious! Not only can be a good one to go with rice, it can be a great snack too ;)
Click here if you wish to read the Homemade Salted Egg recipe.
1 Packet Enoki Mushroom (200g)
10-12 Curry Leaves
Some Chilli Padi/ Red Chilli (thinly sliced)
Some chopped Spring Onion for garnishing
Batter for frying:
2 tbsp Self Raising Flour
1 tbsp Rice Flour
2 tbsp Water
A pinch of Salt
Salted Egg Yolk Sauce:
2 Salted Egg Yolk (cooked and mashed)
Butter for cooking
Method: (Refer to Picture 1)
1. Trim off the root of the enoki mushroom, separate the mushroom into small batches.
2. Mix batter ingredients in a bowl. The batter is quite thick, that's fine.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Coat enoki mushrooms with batter, fry till golden brown.
4. Cut it into cubes, set aside.
5. Now prepare the sauce: Pour away the excess oil that you used for frying. Heat up the skillet, add curry leaves and chilli (if using) until fragrant. Add in salted egg yolk and butter. Cook until the salted egg yolk and butter incorporated (as shown in picture 1), turn off heat, stir in enoki mushroom, coat well and it's ready to serve! Sprinkle some chopped spring onion (if using). If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!