|Photo updated in January 2017.|
|Packed for CNY order and giveaway.|
Ingredients: (Yield 50 small cookies) 材料
125g Unsalted Butter (softened) 无盐牛油 125克， 室温软化
90g Icing Sugar 糖粉 90克
1 Small Kampong Chicken Egg (or 1/2 of a large egg) 鸡蛋 半粒（我用一粒小的甘榜鸡蛋）
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 半小匙
175g All Purpose Flour 面粉 175克
1/2 tsp Baking Powder 发粉 半小匙
80g Cornflakes 粟米片 80克
3 heap tbsp Dried Cranberries (chopped) 蔓越莓干 3汤匙，切碎
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until it's light and smooth.
2. Pause the mixer, sift in (B). Continue to mix with low speed (kitchenaid speed 1) until just combined. Do not over beat the dough.
|This is how it looks like. It's a pliable dough.|
3. Slightly crush the cornflakes with hands. Use a kitchen spatula, stir in crushed cornflakes and cranberries into the butter mixture.
4. Spoon the dough onto the lined baking tray.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 170'C for 8 minutes, rotate the tray and continue to bake for 8-10 minutes. When it's done, remove from oven. Let the cookies rest on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transfer to the cooling rack. Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Adeline Song Jun Ling|
|By Sophia Leong-Ng|
|By Melanie Ruyeras|
Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal. Thank you Ann Low for sharing this recipe.