This, reminds me of the GERBER baby puree that I used to feed my son when he was small. He never like it, when he was a baby or even now...lol....always, I'm the one who finished his jar of baby food, yes I admit like baby food! Especially the GERBER pear & banana puree, it's yummy! :P
Initially I made this for baking muffin. Well, actually I just want to use up the apples that no one wants to eat! But, I was busy during school holiday, I don't see the chance of me baking anything now unless night baking again... So this applesauce will probably ended up in my breakfast. I topped it on my cheesy baguette toast, it taste so good. Yeah...seriously, I think I should just keep it for my breakfast ;)
5 Small Apples (or 3 large apples, washed, peeled, core and sliced)
1/2 cup Water
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/4 cup Brown Sugar (optional, can be reduced for less sweet applesauce)
*If making for baby, omit the cinnamon stick and sugar*
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Add apple, water and cinnamon stick in a sauce pan, bring to boil.
2. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. The apples should be softened, with very little water left in the saucepan. Refer to the above picture.
4. Remove from heat. Discard the cinnamon stick. Let it cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender/ food processor, blend until smooth.
5. Let it cooled completely, store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!