Click LIKE to receive recipe updates on Facebook

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 400 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.



Monday, 12 October 2015

Baked Teriyaki Cod Fish with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce 烤日式照烧酱鳕鱼(自制照烧酱)



All these while I had been buying Teriyaki sauce from a Japanese restaurant. Although I know how to make the sauce myself, but I just want a 'short cut' way....until ......

.....Recently, I rearrange my fridge with some baskets to sort out my stuffs. Hubby has a bottle of Sake that sitting in the fridge for years had been kicked out from my compartment, now sitting on the fridge door compartment that took up my Teriyaki Sauce space. I can't afford to have another bottle to squeeze in there.....So this has forced me to make my first move to make my own Teriyaki Sauce, with THAT bottle of SAKE of course! I'm not buying another one lol... Actually, I can't read Japanese at all, not sure if this can be used for cooking lol... >.< 




Well, whether it's suitable for cooking or not, I used it and it turned out superb in taste!

I used the recipe that I kept for years in my old recipe book, can't recall where I got it from...probably from a TV cooking show as many years ago, I don't follow any food blog on the internet. 


Ingredients:



250g Snow Cod Fillet (I use tail)


Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients: 

1 tbsp Sugar

About 2 tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce 

1 tbsp Mirin

1 tbsp Sake



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Use half of the amount to marinate the fillet, reserve the remaining half.

2. Let it marinate for about 20 -30 minutes. Place the fillet on a lined baking tray (use aluminium foil).

3. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 10-15 minutes, depends on the thickness of the fillet. (Note to myself: skin down, traditional mode)

4. Remove from oven, flip over the fillet carefully. Baste with the remaining sauce, return to oven, bake for 5 minutes. Serve warm with steamed rice.




This was my lunch today...
I never know what's the cost of my everyday home cooked meal, but today's lunch, I know!! lol...

$20 Snow Cod Fillet
$0.20 Bean Sprout
$0.50 Steamed Egg
and Steamed Organic Rice, I can't figure out how much is that big bowl of rice :P

Of course, there are some other hidden cost, such as salt, pepper, electricity etc etc...










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...