Pandan Kaya Layer Cake 斑斓／香兰咖央层蛋糕 - Fragrant, moist and delicate. My all times favourite cake since childhood days. My whole family love this cake and that's the reason why I must learn to bake this cake.
|My first successful Pandan Layer Cake, October 2015|
|July 3, 2015. A failed attempt.|
You can use any sponge cake recipe or << Click here for Sponge Cake Recipe 海绵蛋糕食谱 >> .
Pandan Kaya Layer:
490g Coconut Milk 椰浆 490克
510g Pandan Juice + Water 斑斓汁加水 510克
(I blend a bunch of pandan leaves with 1 1/2 cups of water, then add water to make up this amount.)
150g Sugar 细砂糖150克
8g Agar-agar Powder 燕菜粉 8克
100g Mung Bean Powder (Hun Kwee Flour) 绿豆粉 100克
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you.
1. In a large bowl, mix together coconut milk and pandan juice + water.
2. Transfer 300ml of mixture into another bowl. Stir in Mung Bean Powder (use a whisk), until well combined. Strain and set aside.
3. Pour the remaining 700ml of mixture into a pot. Add in sugar and agar-agar powder. Heat up with medium-high heat (level 7 for induction) , stir constantly and bring to boil. This step is crucial, make sure the agar-agar powder are fully dissolved.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low (level 4 for induction), stir in the mung bean mixture. Keep stirring until you get a smooth paste.
5. Reduce to low heat (level 2 for induction), use a ladle, scoop out the mixture and layer the bottom of a lightly greased baking tin. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
6. Place a layer of cake on top, follow by another layer of kaya mixture. Repeat for the rest.
7. Let it cool, cover and keep in the fridge.
8. To serve, remove the cake from the fridge. Use a spatula, scrape the edges around the cake. Place a large cake board/ plate on the baking tin, secure with 2 hands, turn it upside down, the cake will come out nicely ;)
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Aniston Yi|
|By Aniston Yi|