Light & Fluffy Japanese Sweet Loaf 奶香松软甜面包 - Soft bread recipe using Flour Gelatinised Method, yield fluffy bread that stay soft for days.
120g Bread Flour
85g Boiling Water
380g Bread Flour
140g Sugar (reduce sugar if you like it less sweet)
About 1 tsp Salt
2.5 tsp Instant Yeast
120g Cold Milk
100g Cold Whipping Cream
60g Cold Egg
40g Unsalted Butter (softened)
Some softened butter to grease the pan and work top.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix (A) together using a spoon. Form a rough dough. Cover and let it cool completely. Keep in the fridge for at least 10 - 12 hours.
2. Mix (B) in a mixing bowl. Add in (C) and knead to form a dough. Add in (A) and knead until well combined. Add in (D) and continue to knead until it passes the membrane test/ windowpane stage.
3. Cover and let it proof for 90 minutes or until double in size.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work top. Punch down. Divide into 2 equal portions. Cover with cling wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes.
5. Grease the rolling pin with some butter, roll the dough flat.
6. Roll up, then roll the dough flat and roll up and seal.
7. Transfer to a greased baking tin.
8. Cover and let it proof for 60 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C, lowest rack for 30-35 minutes.
10. When the baking is over, remove the bread from baking tin. Let it cool on the rack.When it's completely cooled, slice and serve.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!