Expensive cake! I called this...even homemade one is not cheap because the main ingredient is pricey - Mascarpone Cheese.
I customised my Tiramisu using decaffeinated coffee and of course I omitted the alcohol. No Rum, No Espresso.. just addictive + yummy!
|This was my first attempt, made this with my 6yo son :)|
|Dust with Milo powder. Trying to dust different colour tones, but not so successful >.<|
|This was my 2nd attempt. |
Inner layer dust with Milo powder, outer layer (top) dust with cocoa powder.
|hmm... I name this 'Dirty Penguin' lol... I'm really not a pro dusting a cake! |
But I like this combination. Inner Milo layer which is sweeter in taste, then topped with cocoa powder.
It's just perfect!
Ingredients & Method: (yield a 5.5" cake)
2 tsp Instant Coffee (I used Decaf coffee) 即溶咖啡 2小匙（我用无咖啡因的）
50g Hot Boiling Water 滚水 50克
90g Cold Milk 冷鲜奶 90克
250g Mascarpone Cheese (softened to room temperature) 马仕卡邦乳酪 250克
2 tsp Vanilla Extract 香草精 2小匙
150g Whipping Cream 鲜奶油 150克
4 tbsp Icing Sugar 糖粉 4大匙
8pcs Ladyfingers (sponge biscuit) 手指饼干 8 条
Milo Powder/ Cocoa Powder of your preference 美碌或可可粉适量
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Chill the mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer.
2. Prepare (A) - Mix coffee powder and hot water until coffee powder fully dissolved. Add in cold milk. Keep it chill in the fridge.
3. Prepare (B) - In a bowl, use a spoon, mix Mascarpone Cheese, vanilla extract and 50g (A) until smooth and creamy. Cover with cling wrap, keep it chill in the fridge.
4. Remove whisking utensil from the freezer. Whip up (C).
5. Fold together cheese mixture and (C) until smooth.
将奶酪组合和 (C) 轻轻搅拌均匀。
6. To assemble
- Apply one thin layer of cheese mixture at the bottom.
- Dip the ladyfingers in the remaining coffee. Do not soak it more than 1 second. Just dip, flip and lift! ;)
- Layer the ladyfingers on the cheese mixture. Top with another layer of cheese mixture.
- Dust a layer of Milo powder/ cocoa powder.
- Repeat the same steps. Then, smooth the top layer with a spatula.
7. Dust the top layer with Milo/ cocoa powder as desired. Cover and let it chill in the fridge.