Another of my creation of curry specially customised for my son.....a 6yo little boy who loves curry but can't take any spicy food. This is an easy and quick method to cook curry. No milk or coconut milk or cream needed. It's light and best to pair with rice and prata.
However, this recipe is flexible, if you like it spicy, just add some curry paste and chili :)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1 Boneless Chicken Breast/ Thigh (I use kampong chicken breast, sliced thinly)
2 Potatoes (Peeled and cut into small cubes)
8 Curry Leave
Garlic (finely minced)
Small Onion (finely minced)
Curry Paste/ Chili (optional, only add this if you like it spicy)
1. Add (A) to chicken meat, mix well and let marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, steam the potato for 20- 30 minutes depends on the size of the cubes.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan, add in (B) and curry leaves. Stir fry until fragrant.
4. Add in chicken meat, stir fry until almost cook through, add in potatoes, chicken broth and some water. Liquid level just enough to cover the ingredients.
5. Add (C). Just a few dash of each. Simmer till the gravy thicken, about 8 - 10 minutes, add some soy sauce to taste.
6. Remove from heat and serve warm with steamed rice.
Remarks: This curry is without coconut milk/ cream/ milk. So it's ok to serve later after cooked. I normally cook this ahead of time before I pick my boy from school. :)