|Photo updated 4 April 2017|
In the past, I used to buy instant Japanese curry because it's easy and quick! However, I don't like it because every time after we finished the curry, when I wash the bowl, there were some 'wax-like' substances which I was concerned and decided not to use store bought curry.
I then learnt to cook Japanese curry from scratch. I know, you may think that cooking curry isn't an easy job but I can ensure you, Japanese curry preparation is easier than any other curry ;)
For Japanese Curry Roux recipe and method, click here.
I normally serve the curry with plain rice. When I have time, I served it with onigiri:
|Created in July 2015|
Son special request ~ Pompompurin rice to pair with the curry. Little guy so happy to see this!
Photo updated 5 May 2016
|That's my son! No food is 'too cute to eat!'|
Created 5 May 2016
1 small piece Chicken Breast
150g Pork Slices
(season with corn flour, sugar and soy sauce)
1 Onion (peeled, cut into chunks)
1 tbsp Grated Ginger + Grated Garlic
1 Carrot (peeled, cut into chunks)
1 Potato (peeled, cut into chunks)
Seasoning: Add to taste
About 1 tbsp Curry Roux, click here for recipe.
Oil for cooking
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Heat oil in a pot. Add onion, stir fry until soften.
2. Add grated ginger and garlic. Stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add chicken/ pork. Stir fry until the meat is almost cooked.
4. Add carrot and potato. Stir fry until no more sizzling sound.
5. Add chicken broth, just enough to cover the ingredients in the pot. Bring to boil. Add salt and soy sauce, simmer until the potato and carrot is soften. * optional: steam the carrot and potato in advance to expedite the cooking. *
6. Add curry roux, ketchup and a pinch of sugar to taste. Simmer until gravy is thicken. Serve warm with rice/ onigiri. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!