When there is an obstacle, there will be a breakthrough! That's what I believed.
This wasn't in my 'to do list'.
I wanted to bake granola for my sister, but ended up with some burnt granolas. Wanted to make another batch but ran out of honey. So I made another type of 'granola' for her, a little different from the previous one that I made.... This time is Granola Bars. Her verdict: This is the best energy bar that she ever had! :)
Ingredients & Method:
2.5 cup Rolled Oat
1/2 cup Raw Almond
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Place the rolled oats and almond on a lined baking tray.
2. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 5 minutes. Stir and bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, let it cool completely on the tray.
55g Salted Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Golden Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Some Raisin or other dried fruits of your preference.
3. Add all wet ingredients in a pot. Simmer over low heat until sugar fully dissolves.
4. Stir in rolled oats and almond.
5. Mix well. Stir in some raisin. Mix well.
6. Transfer to a lined baking tin. Firmly press down with a spoon. The harder you pressed, the better chance you get a solid bar!
7. Let it cool completely. Cover and leave it overnight to set.
8. Remove from the baking tin. Cut into bars of your desired size and enjoy. Keep the leftover bars in an airtight container. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Aaisha Sumbul|
|By Maxi Hoo Swee Bing|
|By Amina Salim GH|
|Feedback from Connie Andrew|