Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Popular Hawker Food - Crispy Anchovies Meat (Oil-free, Sweet & Kid Friendly Version) 炸香脆美人鱼片 (无油)


The last time I ate this was at least 6 years ago, when I was still working. Before I promoted to be a SAHM (stay at home mom), I don't cook. My husband and I rather eating out in restaurant or sometimes when I was so tired after work, I just packed food from the neighbourhood food court to settle our dinner. 

The most convenient and popular food in the hawker centre or food court is 杂菜饭 (aka economy rice or mixed rice or Chap Fan) where we can select from a variety of vegetables, meat, bean curd or eggs served with a portion of rice. This is very popular in Malaysia and Singapore. 

This Crispy Anchovies Meat is one of the dish served in the nearby neighbourhood food court. It used to be my favourite and MUST-HAVE side dish in my meal-box. The reason is simple....they are flavourful, appetising and addictive! 


It's been a long time I never eat this because I hardly dine in food court or hawker centre nowadays. So happen that I saw this dried anchovies meat in a supermarket and without second thought, I put it in my shopping cart! Well, I have no idea how to cook it, I tried to google for recipe but I can't find any, so I work out my own recipe. 

This was my first attempt. I made the sweet version instead of hot and spicy because my boy can't take any spicy food. I used my Tefal Actifry to cook this. These can be baked or deep fried too but I like the fastest and oil free method. I was in a rush this morning, no time to measure the ingredients one by one, so this was based on estimation. Exact amount/ measurement will be updated after my next attempt.



Ingredients:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



Dried Anchovy Meat





Seasoning to coat:





Tomato Sauce (for hot & spicy version, change this to chilli sauce)

Sugar

Soy Sauce

Oyster Sauce

Water



Some toasted sesame seeds


Method:

1. Wash and dry the anchovy meat with kitchen towel.

2. Place in the Tefal Actifry pan. 



3. Cook for 20 minutes or until brown and crisp.




4. Remove from the pan. Let it cool.


Very crispy. My boy like it even without the sauce.
5. Heat all seasoning in a non stick pan. Simmer until thicken. Add anchovy meat to coat evenly. Remove from heat. Top with some toasted sesame seeds. Serve as a side dish with rice or as a snack.



These were the left-over from lunch, we ate these as a side dish for dinner, still crispy after so many hours! That's why I like OIL FREE food! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...