This is something that I couldn't resist to eat! I never fail to order this in Grandma's restaurant but too bad the restaurant closed down. I have been craving for it and can't find a nice one around my area. So, I got to make my own!
1/2 Cup Sago 沙谷米 1/2 杯
3 Cup Water 水 3 杯
6 Pandan Leaves 班兰叶 6 片
100g Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) 马六甲椰糖 100克
2- 4 tbsp Water 水 2- 4 汤匙
(depends on the sweetness and thickness desired, I use 2 tbsp water)
110g Coconut Cream 椰奶 110克
Pinch of Salt 盐 少许
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
To prepare the sago:
1. Rinse sago with water to get rid of any dirt in it.
2. In a pot, add in sago, water and 2 pandan leaves. Bring to boil, stir constantly, simmer until cooked through, when sago turn transparent.
3. Remove from heat. Add some cold water. Pour the sago into a large sieve. Rinse under running water (I use drinking water from my water filter to rinse this)
4. Transfer to the cup. Keep in the refrigerator to set.
To prepare the Gula Melaka Syrup:
5. In a saucepan, add in Gula Melaka, 2 Pandan leaves and 2-4 tbsp water. Simmer until Gula Melaka fully dissolve. Set aside.
将椰糖，2 片班兰叶和 2 汤匙水（喜欢少甜的可以放4汤匙），小火把椰糖煮溶。备用。
To prepare the coconut cream:
6. In a saucepan, add in coconut cream, salt and 2 pandan leaves. Simmer until fragrant. Remove from heat. Set aside.
To serve, assemble all the 3 ingredients and serve chilled!
|This recipe will have some leftover Gula Melaka syrup, can be kept in the refrigerator for later use :)|
You may use coconut milk for this recipe but I prefer coconut cream...I like it more creamy!