Coffee Swiss Roll, made with decaffeinated coffee. Best for me and my little boy who loves coffee flavoured cakes as I do not want to add caffeine in his food and myself, I simply can't take any caffeinated drinks.
After so many attempts in making swiss roll, now that I have the right recipe and method to roll the cakes. Definitely no cracks but need to slice it nicer next time. :)
|Photo updated 24 June 2016|
Made this for a lovely lady who loves to bake, using 3 in 1 coffee.
3 Egg Yolk
* 2 tsp Coffee Powder
|I used this.... Decaffeinated Coffee|
* 30ml Fresh Milk
* Warm milk in hot water.*
Note: If you're using 3 in 1 coffee, replace milk with 3 in 1 coffee and omit the coffee powder*
* Stir in coffee powder until it's fully dissolved, set aside to cool*
50g Cake Flour
3 Egg White
70g Castor Sugar (can be reduced for less sweet swiss roll)
Whipped Cream, click here for whipped cream recipe
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
Preheat oven 160'C.
1. In a bowl, mix together egg yolk, oil, coffee and milk mixture. Mix in flour to form a thick paste. Mix with hand whisk, do not beat or over-mix the batter.
2. Beat egg white until foamy, add in sugar gradually. Beat until stiff peak but not dry.
3. Add the coffee paste to meringue in 2 batches.
|Mix with hand whisk in one direction. Scrape the side and bottom with a spatula.|
|The cake batter shall look exactly like this.|
4. Pour the batter onto a lined baking tray (23cm x 32cm). Gently tap 2-3 times on the worktop.
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let it cool for 5 minutes.
7. Carefully remove the baking sheet. Roll up the cake while it's still warm.
8. Let it cool completely.
9. When it's completely cooled, unfold the cake. Add whipped cream and roll up again. Keep in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before cut to serve. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!
|I made this the night before and cut it on the next morning...|
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Enny Leonalis|
|By Wendy Cheong|