COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM
Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.
If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to email@example.com
Tuesday, 24 March 2015
Pan Fried Shanghai Char Siew (aka BBQ Pork) 上海煎叉烧
This was my first attempt making pan fried char siew as I normally air fried Char Siew . When I found this recipe in a book, I was hesitate to try but at the same time I can't stop my curiosity to try it. Lol... Just want to know if it's work and how it would taste.
Well, the taste was better than I expected. As for the texture of the meat, I used the healthier tender fillet. If you like it juicier, use pork belly! but it's fattening lol...
Click here for air fried/ grilled char siew recipe.
400g Pork Tender Fillet/ Belly (cleaned and dry with kitchen towel)
3 cloves of Garlic (Smashed)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp LP Worchestershire Sauce
1 tsp ShaoXing Wine
Dark Soy Sauce (optional)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Mix pork, garlic and all seasoning. Let marinate overnight.
2. In a pot, bring water to boil. Add in pork and half of the sauce, simmer until the gravy is thicken.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. transfer the fillet to the skillet. Pan fry both sides.
4. Add in the remaining sauce and simmer to coat.
5. Remove from heat. Sliced and serve with rice or noodle.