Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Indonesian Sup Buntut (aka Oxtail Soup) 印尼牛尾汤


Back in December 2014.... We had our fun filled family vacation in Bali. My boy is a super picky eater! We had battle almost every meal time, except when we dined in the Japanese restaurant in Westin. Besides Japanese food, the only food that he ate in Bali was Sup Buntut. And...that was the first time I introduced this food to him. 

Ever since we back from Bali, when we dining out...my boy always ask me to find sup buntut for him. We tried the sup buntut in some 'quite well known' Indonesian restaurant in Singapore, but my boy didn't really like it. The meat were not tender and coarse, too hard to chew. So, I have to make my own. 


I did some research from internet and find that there are lots of spices used to prepare the authentic sup buntut. And that was the reason I 'postponed' this dish until now...finally I simplified the recipe and made it for him. I'm so happy that he likes it! 

The cooking time was more than 3 hours. So I didn't cook other food to go with this...just soup, plain rice and blanch vegetables. To my surprise, he finished a big bowl of rice with the soup and told me to cook this for him everyday.... :) And, this is the reason I need to save this recipe here for my future reference. 


Ever since I got my pressure cooker, I never cook sup buntut the conventional way because pressure cooking is a lot faster. Just 45 minutes to tenderise the oxtail.
Read how I use pressure cooker to cook sup buntut, click here for recipe. 



Ingredients:



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

700g Frozen Oxtail (Defrost to room temperature)





2 Carrots (cut into chunks)

1 Potato (cut into chunks)


(A) :

3 Cloves 



Some Chopped Spring Onion

1 Red Onion (Diced)

2 Small Onion (Diced)








(B)

Dash of Ground Nutmeg





Olive Oil for cooking

Some salt to taste


Method:

1. In a pot, add hot water and oxtail, cook oxtail until tender. About 2.5 - 3 hours.

2. Add in carrots and potatoes chunks. continue to simmer.



3. Mean while, heat oil in a skillet. Add in all (A), fry until fragrant.



4. Add in (B). Fry until fragrant.



5. Remove from heat, stir in to the oxtail soup.




6. Add salt to taste. Continue to simmer until the carrots are softened. About 20-30 minutes.



7. Topped with some fried onions and garnish with chopped spring onion. Serve warm with steamed rice. If you like my recipe, click herefollow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. 


The meat were tender and the soup....you'd know this is delicious when you smell it!
Love the aroma...smells so good! 


This was the 2nd round....my boy ate this for dinner too... ;)
He was so happy when he knew he had the same soup for dinner!
Soup and plain rice for him, Pan Fried Ngoh Hiang and XO Sauce Luncheon Meat Fried Rice for hubby and me... ;)

Click here for Homemade Pan Fried Ngoh Hiang recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...