Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Friday 13 February 2015

Water Cress & Honey Dates Sweet Soup - Cleanse & Nourish The Lungs 西洋菜蜜枣甜汤 - 清肺润燥, 化痰止咳


My mom cook soup everyday, just like I do... And this is my childhood favorite soup... Water Cress & Honey Dates Sweet Soup. 

Simply because it's without OIL and it's SWEET. No meat, no soup bones, just 2 simple ingredients. Mom also cooked the salty version, water cress with soup bones but I hate that. Haha.... her soup always taste good, but I just don't like the taste of the water cress when it's not sweet. Lol... I'm also a picky eater...just like my boy hahaha...

But there is one thing that I don't understand...This soup taste like herbal tea, why mom serve this soup in a soup bowl on dining table, with rice?! The soup don't taste good with rice, but it's very nice to drink while it's cold, no need to chill, just room temperature. It soothe the throat, especially when I have sore throat, I can drink 3-4 glasses of this and it really makes my throat feel better.

I had swollen tonsil few days back so I bought 2 large bunches of water cress to cook this soup. Day 1, was my first time introduced this soup to my boy. Hmm... he didn't like it. So the next day when I cook this again (for myself), I got to cook another pot of soup for him. 




Ingredients:



200g Fresh Water Cress

8 Honey Dates

1.5 Litre Water




If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method:

1. In a pot, bring water to boil. The first step to cook this soup is crucial! If you add water cress into cold water, the soup would turn out bitter.

2. Add water cress and honey dates. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2 hours. 
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!


I prefer to drink this soup before or after meal, not with the rice please... Lol.. Mom will scold me if she sees this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...