Click LIKE to receive recipe updates on Facebook

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 400 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.



Thursday, 12 February 2015

Easy-To-Shape Butter Cookies 超容易造型的牛油饼干


The little bear will melt your heart but the cookies will not melt in your mouth. They are crunchy! 



I added a tsp of cocoa powder to part of the dough (240g) to get this color.



I don't like and I don't eat PLAIN butter cookies. So don't ask me if these cookies taste good Lol.... However, I get my food taster (my hubby) to try it out as he is my 'opposite', he only eat PLAIN butter cookies. He rated good, so I keep this recipe for future used. 

This recipe only calls for egg yolk. So this is a good way to make use of the leftover yolk from baking Crispy Almond Bread, Roasted Almond and etc... which only calls for egg whites. They are perfect match! 




Chinese New Year is around the corner and many were asking for this recipe. I'm still not 100% recovered yet, I can't stay up too late...so I will only share the recipe for the butter cookies dough but not the step by step how I shape the cookies. I'll update my blog with details, perhaps after Chinese New Year when I have time and fully recovered. This blog is for fun so I'm not going to stress myself too much. 




If any of you happened to read my blog here and want to know more about shaping, feel free to leave a comment below. 

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Ingredients & Method:

170g Butter (softened)
155g Icing Sugar
1/8 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Cream butter and icing sugar until creamy. Add in salt and vanilla extract.

3 Egg Yolk


Add in egg yolk one at a time.

310g Cake Flour


Sift in flour. 


Mix with a spatula to form a dough.




Transfer to worktop and shape as desired.

Note: 
This dough is pliable. For easy shaping, roll out the dough, cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 15 minutes or longer. 

Bake in a preheated oven 170'C for about 15-20 minutes.


Happy Chinese New Year everyone! 新年快乐,万事如意!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...