If you like 'melt in mouth' cookies, you will definitely like this! Mild in flavor and not so sweet, it's solid when you hold on your hand, it'll melt when you put into your mouth. That's how I describe these German Cookies. This is my first attempt making German Cookies and also my first attempt EATING it! Lol.... Don't be surprise, seriously I hardly eat plain cookies made with butter. I like cookies with lots of nuts, chips, raisin, cranberries or anything chewy. Just don't like the plain one. :)
When I first started to shape the cookies, I made this.... look like COW? Lol... Thanks to my fellow followers who had contributed their precious opinion ;)
|I can use this design for the next COW year Lol...|
The second one was this....mini baa baa sheep...
|Don't try this.... really, you will go mad if you continue to make this more than 10 times! Very time consuming!|
|After baked....it looks like this.|
The third and final...much easier than the 2nd one.
I swear I'll only make 1 tray of sheep cookies because I started quite late at night and by the time I finalized the sheep design, was already 10pm+. So, after I finished making the sheep cookies, I used the remaining pink and plain dough to make rainbow cookies, something much easier!
250g Unsalted Butter (softened)
80g Icing Sugar
250g Potato Flour
160g Cake Flour
2 tsp Milk Powder
For decoration: Some red coloring / cocoa powder / Black Sesame Seeds
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Cream butter and icing sugar.
2. Sift in flour and milk powder.
3. Form a dough. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour. I prepared the dough in the morning and made the cookies at night.
4. Remove from the fridge, let it sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. When it's pliable, take a small portion, divide to 2. Add food coloring and cocoa powder accordingly.
5. Shape as desired. If you want to make my sheep design, here are some pictures for your reference.
|10g plain dough for the sheep body.|
|Use the chocolate dough to make the head, about 2g. I didn't weight one by one, just roughly shape the dough. Add the pink dough to make sheep's ears.|
|Add plain dough on top to make wooly head. Need not to be neat, sheep don't comb their wool! Lol...|
Add black sesame seeds to make the eyes and finally, make a big SMILE.
|For the big SMILE, if you have tools, use your tool to make it. If you do not have one, you can cut a straw to make the 'U' shape. This is easy and eco!|
|Then, place the head on the body. Done!|
6. Place the sheep on the lined baking tray. Bake in a preheated oven 120'C 45-50 minutes, with fan.
7. Remove from oven, carefully transfer to a rack to cool.
8. Keep in an air-tight container.
|Happy Mehh Mehhh Year everyone!! 恭喜发财！新年快乐！喜气洋洋！|