Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 19 January 2015

Steamed Oreo Cupcakes with Mild Coconut Flavor 蒸椰香奥利哦杯子蛋糕


I don't know about others, but this is definitely something new to me... I kept this recipe in my to do list for quite some times, finally made it with 2 reasons...for my boy's school snack and to use up the oreo biscuits that going to expire soon. 

Well, for the taste, I still prefer traditional steamed cakes because these oreo cakes are quite plain in taste. But I like the mild coconut flavor. 

Note to myself: Next attempt, double the oreo crumbs amount.


Ingredients: (Yield 11 cupcakes)
3 Large Eggs
120g Castor Sugar
140g Self Raising Flour
80ml Fresh Milk
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
4 Oreo Biscuits (discard cream fillings. Put in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin to make oreo crumbs. This amount can be increased)


I measured and prepared everything the night before (milk must keep in the fridge). Only takes about 10 minutes to prepare these cupcakes the next morning. 

Method:
1. Beat egg yolk until foamy, add sugar gradually and continue to beat until the batter stop expanding.



2. Sift in flour (3 batches). Mix well with a spatula.



3. Add in fresh milk and coconut oil. Mix well. Add in oreo crumbs, mix until well combined. Do not over mix or else the cakes will turn out stiff.



4. Pour batter evenly into 11 paper cups. Steam in a hot steamer for 13 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...