Hurray for all the parents! First week of school is over....BUT many more to come!! lol...
The past 5 days of school, my boy had been eating hard boil egg and quail egg for breakfast. Yeah, everyday. Today is a Saturday, I swear I do not want to cook the same food for him. So I made this very simple steamed coffee cake for breakfast. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. I made with a mild coffee flavor, just nice for the little one and he loves it!
Ingredients: (Yield 11 Small Cupcakes, with 1.5 ice cream scoop of batter)
25ml Fresh Milk
3g-5g Instant Coffee (I used decaffeinated coffee, 3g for mild flavor)
|Can use any type, Aik Cheong or any coffee of your preference. Nescafe is not recommended :)|
85g Castor Sugar
75g Self Raising Flour
1. Warm the milk, dissolve instant coffee in the milk. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat egg yolk until foamy, add in sugar gradually and beat until the batter stop expanding.
3. Sift in flour and fold gently with a spatula.
4. Fold in the coffee mixture. Mix until well combined.
5. Pour evenly into 11 paper cups. Steam in a HOT steamer for 12 minutes.
|Soft & Spongy!|