My boy can finish his bowl of rice with just this!
Braised Sea Cucumber...I don't use the traditional method. I have my short cut way...is to use ready chicken broth. However, I cannot shorten the cooking time because these sea cucumber are a little stubborn. Took me 2 hours to braise until it's tender. But it's good in quality I think because they stay in shape, tender and springy in texture. Well, I'm not an expert in choosing sea cucumber, so I can't really tell how to choose a nice sea cucumber. :)
|This is how the fresh sea cucumber looks like..|
1 Sea Cucumber (about 180g)
4 slices of Ginger
2 cloves of Garlic
3 Dried Scallops (Soaked to softened, reserved water)
2 King Oyster Mushroom (sliced) - optional
4 Shitake Mushroom
(fresh or dried, I used fresh one this time. If using dried shitake, soak the mushroom to softened and reserve the water)
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Cup Water
Optional: for final coating, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Corn Starch
1 tbsp Water
Some oil for cooking
Some Spring Onion for garnishing
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Heat oil in a skillet, add in ginger, garlic and scallops. Fry until fragrant.
2. Add in sea cucumber. Stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add in mushrooms, fry for 1 minute or until there's no more sizzling sound.
4. Add chicken broth, water and the reserved water used to soak scallops and mushroom if using. Bring to boil. Transfer to a cooking pot. Continue to simmer until the sea cucumber is tender. The cooking time is depends on the hardness of the sea cucumber. Mine took about 2 hours this time.
5. When the sea cucumber is ready, stir in the 'coating' ingredients, cook for a minute. Add spring onion and serve warm.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!