Click LIKE to receive recipe updates on Facebook

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 400 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.



Thursday, 15 January 2015

Black Chicken & Fish Maw Nourishing Soup 黑鸡花膠滋补汤


This is the soup that I don't cook so often because I can hardly remember to soak the dried fish maw. It's sweet in taste and good for health. Slurp!! we like this.... :)

Fish maw is the dried stomach lining of fish. It contains high nutritional values and it's a good source of collagen, multi-vitamins, multi-minerals and it also helps with blood circulation. I used dried fish maw in cooking soup because I don't like those fried one that sometimes smells weird. 


This is the type that I used, I bought from chinese tonic soup.

Black chicken, everyone knows it's good for tonic. So I don't need to explain more in my blog here.

I used to stock up dried fish maw in my fridge. Whenever I REMEMBER, I'll soak it in the fridge for at least 2-3 days to softened, then add it to my daily soup. Well, basically any soup with meat/ bones will taste good. Fish maw smells fishy...but there are many ways to get rid of it. I used the simplest way of course! lol... just boil it with a stalk of spring onion and some ginger slices for a minute, no more fishy smell :)


Ingredients: (Yield 2-3 Servings)
1 small Black Chicken (skinless, cut into big chunks)
5 Dried Fish Maw (wash and soak with clean water for at least 2-3 days to softened)


Dried Fish Maw 

After 3 days. Do change the water and check on the softness on the 2nd days. 
(A)
1 Dried Fig (big one, imported from US)
4 Seedless Red Dates
2 Yu Zhu 玉竹

(B)
Handful of Wolfberries
Some Sea Salt to taste 

1 Stalk Spring Onion
Some Ginger Slices

Method:
1. In a saucepan, add in spring onion, ginger and 2 cups of water, bring to boil. 



2. Add in softened fish maw. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Discard everything except fish maw. Set aside.





3. Rinse the chicken with hot boiling water. In a cooking pot, add in chicken, fish maw and (A). Add 2 litre of hot boiling water and bring to boil. 



4. Cook with high heat for 30 minutes. Reduce to low heat and cook another 2 hours.
5. Add in wolfberries and salt. Cook another 10minutes. Serve warm. 


Black chicken meat is coarse, so we just drink the soup and discard the chicken. 




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...