Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

Black Chicken & Fish Maw Nourishing Soup 黑鸡花膠滋补汤


This is the soup that I don't cook so often because I can hardly remember to soak the dried fish maw. It's sweet in taste and good for health. Slurp!! we like this.... :)

Fish maw is the dried stomach lining of fish. It contains high nutritional values and it's a good source of collagen, multi-vitamins, multi-minerals and it also helps with blood circulation. I used dried fish maw in cooking soup because I don't like those fried one that sometimes smells weird. 


This is the type that I used, I bought from chinese tonic soup.

Black chicken, everyone knows it's good for tonic. So I don't need to explain more in my blog here.

I used to stock up dried fish maw in my fridge. Whenever I REMEMBER, I'll soak it in the fridge for at least 2-3 days to softened, then add it to my daily soup. Well, basically any soup with meat/ bones will taste good. Fish maw smells fishy...but there are many ways to get rid of it. I used the simplest way of course! lol... just boil it with a stalk of spring onion and some ginger slices for a minute, no more fishy smell :)


Ingredients: (Yield 2-3 Servings)
1 small Black Chicken (skinless, cut into big chunks)
5 Dried Fish Maw (wash and soak with clean water for at least 2-3 days to softened)


Dried Fish Maw 

After 3 days. Do change the water and check on the softness on the 2nd days. 
(A)
1 Dried Fig (big one, imported from US)
4 Seedless Red Dates
2 Yu Zhu 玉竹

(B)
Handful of Wolfberries
Some Sea Salt to taste 

1 Stalk Spring Onion
Some Ginger Slices

Method:
1. In a saucepan, add in spring onion, ginger and 2 cups of water, bring to boil. 



2. Add in softened fish maw. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Discard everything except fish maw. Set aside.





3. Rinse the chicken with hot boiling water. In a cooking pot, add in chicken, fish maw and (A). Add 2 litre of hot boiling water and bring to boil. 



4. Cook with high heat for 30 minutes. Reduce to low heat and cook another 2 hours.
5. Add in wolfberries and salt. Cook another 10minutes. Serve warm. 


Black chicken meat is coarse, so we just drink the soup and discard the chicken. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...