I don't like to add pears or apples in my soup because I don't like the slightly sour or acidic taste in the soup. But today, I tried again with pears and chicken with some ginger slices. The taste is totally different with the ginger slices. You won't taste the ginger either but it neutralize the sour taste of the pear. This soup tastes superb!
This will be the soup that I will cook again and again. Loves the natural sweetness from the pear and wolfberry.
Ingredients: (Yield 2-3 servings)
1 Kampung Chicken Bones or Pork Bones
2 Large Pears / 3 Small Pears (peeled and cut into big chunks)
|Can use any asian pears|
5 Seedless Red Dates
2 Slices of Ginger
Handful of wolfberry
Some salt to taste
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Rinse chicken with hot boiling water. Discard water and transfer chicken into a pot. Add in all ingredients except wolfberry and salt.
2. Add 1.5 litre of hot water. Cook in high heat for 30 minutes.
3. Reduce to low heat, cook another 60 minutes.
4. Add salt to taste, cook another 25 minutes.
5. Add wolfberry and cook another 5 minutes. Serve warm.