This is a MUST have item in the kitchen BUT I don't make this for my boy when he was a baby. When he was baby - toddler, I cooked porridge with chicken or pork with carrots, peas, potatoes and topped with some blanch vegetables. Anchovies are far too 'salty' for my baby's food. So I omit this until now he's a preschooler, I use this to enhance the flavor in stir fry vegetables like cabbage, fried rice, soup, porridge and many more dishes. With this, I can omit oyster sauce or other store bought seasoning that packed with preservatives and MSG.
200g Anchovies aka Ikan Bilis (cleaned)
1. Wash the anchovies thoroughly. Soak in clean water for few minutes, rinse 2-3 times.
2. Dry with kitchen towel by batch.
3. Place the dried anchovies in the Tefal Actifry pan. Cook for 18 minutes or until crispy.
4. Transfer to a plate. Spread to cool a little.
5. Transfer to a food processor/ blender. Blend until it turn powdery.
6. When it's done, wait for 1 minute before you open the lid.
7. Sieve the anchovies powder.
8. Transfer to an airtight container, store in the fridge.
Alternatively, you can bake the anchovies in an oven at 180'C for 20-25 minutes or fry in a skillet without oil until crispy.