I had been making this pancakes for quite some times but I didn't update on my blog. Just too busy lately....Too many recipes are still pending in my list.
I used to make pancakes with self raising flour, egg and milk. That's the simplest version, no whisking, just mix everything together and cook. You may refer to The Simplest Pancake if you have no time or no equipment to whisk up the eggs.
This recipe here in this blog is modified from The Simplest Pancake recipe. I replaced self raising flour with all purpose flour. The trick to make the pancake soft and puffy is to beat up the eggs until really really fluffy! Don't try this if you do not have an electric whisk, it's too tough to beat the eggs with hands unless you have very powerful arm. This is a mission impossible for me :)
Ingredients: (Yield 10 pancakes)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1 Large Egg
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Fresh Milk
2 tbsp Castor Sugar or Pinch of Salt (Optional)
1. Crack the egg in a bowl. Add sugar if using.
2. Whisk the egg until it stop expanding. I used my handheld, takes less than 3 minutes to beat up the eggs.
3. Stir in milk. Add in flour and mix until there's no more lumps.
4. This step is optional but it's MESS-FREE. You may just use a ladle to pour the batter onto the pan and start to cook the pancakes. My method is to pour batter into a piping bag, snip a small 0.5mm hole at the tip. This step is crucial to me because I always drip the batter here and there, so I thought of this way to save my time cleaning up the mess.
5. Lightly grease the pan with a drop of olive oil. Heat up the pan with low-medium heat. Pour a small amount of batter onto the pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the pancake, flip over and continue to cook until golden brown. Serve warm.
My boy, sometimes would request for some very special breakfast...such as 'Mommy, I want to eat squirrel for breakfast'. Me: No problem...here you go... lol...
Sometimes, when I have time, I'll make something other than round pancakes...
|Pancake with Nutella (drawing)|
Sorry, no tutorial for this as I'm not an expert in food art. I'm doing this just for fun... :)
Tips: These pancakes stay soft all times even if you keep it in the fridge overnight. For leftover pancakes or if making this ahead of time, let the pancakes cool completely and keep in an airtight container, store in the fridge. Just warm in a pan (without oil) or microwave before consume.