COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM
Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.
If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to email@example.com
Thursday, 4 December 2014
Vanilla Custard Whipped Cream 香草奶油做法
Ingredients and method:
To prepare vanilla custard:
1/2 tbsp Cake Flour
1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
20g Castor Sugar
100ml Fresh Milk
1 Egg Yolk
8g Unsalted Butter
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
1. Place flour, corn flour and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in 1/3 of milk, whisk to combine. Add in the remaining milk and mix well. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
2. Strain the mixture into a saucepan. Add butter. Simmer in low heat and constantly stir with a spatula/ whisk.
3. When the cream start to thicken, turn off the heat and mix well with the remaining heat. Add vanilla extract. Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave it to cool and keep in the fridge.
To prepare whipped cream
50ml Whipping Cream
1/2 tbsp Castor Sugar
4. Combine whipping cream and sugar. Float the bottom of the mixing bowl in ice water. Whisk until stiff peak.
5. Add whipped cream into vanilla custard in 2 batches, mix well. Transfer into a piping bag, keep in the fridge.