This vanilla custard whipped cream is a wonderfully easy recipe, made the custard from scratch using egg yolk need no artificial colouring. Smooth and creamy texture, ideal to be used as Hokkaido Cupcake fillings, pancake toppings etc..
To prepare vanilla custard:
1/2 tbsp Cake Flour
1/2 tbsp Corn Flour
20g Castor Sugar
100ml Fresh Milk
1 Egg Yolk
8g Unsalted Butter
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
To prepare whipped cream:
50ml Whipping Cream
1/2 tbsp Castor Sugar
1. Place flour, corn flour and sugar in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in 1/3 of milk, whisk to combine. Add in the remaining milk and mix well. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
2. Strain the mixture into a saucepan. Add butter. Simmer in low heat and constantly stir with a spatula/ whisk.
3. When the cream start to thicken, turn off the heat and mix well with the remaining heat. Add vanilla extract. Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave it to cool and keep in the fridge.
4. Combine whipping cream and sugar. Float the bottom of the mixing bowl in ice water. Whisk until stiff peak.
5. Add whipped cream into vanilla custard in 2 batches, mix well. Transfer into a piping bag, keep in the fridge for later use. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.