|with sugar and cheese|
When I have no mood to work in the kitchen without my mixer, these were what I had made last week. No knead, effortless sweet bun. You can bake them in the oven, I was just too 'not in the baking mood', so I used my Tefal Actifry to air fried the bread before I air fry chicken for dinner.... :)
I also used the same recipe for a healthier Steamed Bread, click here for recipe. The air-fried version is soft and the texture is more like 'half bread half baked donut' texture. It's still soft on the next day.
Ingredients & Method:
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
75g Warm Water
10g Milk Powder
1/2 tsp Yeast
1. Mix A together until the milk powder fully dissolved.
2. Sprinkle yeast over (A). Set aside.
3. Mean while, prepare (B).
40g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Kampong Egg (or 1/2 of a large egg)
30g Unsalted Butter (softened)
150g Bread Flour
4. Add (B) into (A). Stir to combine.
5. Add in bread flour and stir with a pair of chopsticks in one direction until smooth.
6. Transfer the dough to a container. Cover and keep in the fridge over night.
7. This is how it looks like, the next day...
8. The dough is sticky and soft. Use a spoon to scoop out and place in a greased muffin tray or aluminum foil cup . Repeat for the rest. Add toppings or shape as desired. Let it proof 60- 75 minutes.
|At first I placed the dough here...but I changed my mind after that..lol..|
|Added some Nutella to make the swirl. The dough is pretty hard to shape...|
|This is easier, add some cheese and coarse sugar, this is yummy...|
Cook this with Tefal Actifry:
9. Place the dough in the fryer's pan, cook for 6 minutes. Rotate the bread in between when needed. The cooking time is depend on the size of the dough, do adjust accordingly.
Bake in a preheated oven:
10. Bake 170'C for 12-15 minutes.