Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 22 December 2014

Steamed Gula Melaka (aka Palm Sugar) Cupcake 独特香软椰糖马来糕(蒸)




Just back from a 2 weeks long holiday. I miss my homemade food! I think my boy feel the same too.

Holidaying is fun but...with my super picky eater around, every meal time is a battle! So good to be home that I can make some healthy and nutritious food for him...yeah, my little boy.

My version of steamed Gula Melaka cake is different from those served in the dim sum restaurant. We used to order steamed cake when having dim sum breakfast at Imperial Treasure/ Tim Ho Wan because hubby and me like it but my boy didn't like it at all, not willing to eat a single bit! But, my version here, I do not have problem feeding him. Well, he will feed himself with at least 2 cupcakes at a time. :) 

This recipe is modified from my mom's recipe. My mom used to steam cake for us when we were small. Mom used to steam cake in a large bamboo basket lined with mahjong paper. I super like her cakes! Mom's food is always the best of the best! 

My steamed cake is always sweeter in taste. For less sweet version, do reduce the sugar accordingly. 

Ingredients: Yield 17 mini cupcakes (with 1 ice cream scoop batter in each cup)

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



(A)
190g Gula Melaka
100ml Water
4 Pandan Leaves (tied a knot)



15g Condensed Milk


(B)
90g Unsalted Butter (Softened)
3 Eggs
130g Self Raising Flour
20g Corn Flour

Pinch of Salt
2 tbsp Castor Sugar

Method:
1. Add (A) in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stir constantly until the Gula Melaka fully dissolved. 


Little helper on the job!


2. Stir in condensed milk. Set aside.



3. Beat egg yolk until thick.



4. In a separate bowl, cream butter.



5. Stir in butter into egg yolk until well combined. 





6. Stir in Gula Melaka mixture.



7. Sift in flour and salt. Mix well. 



8. In a mixer bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and continue to whisk until stiff peak. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter in 3 batches.





9. Scoop the batter and pour evenly in each paper cups. Steam in a hot steamer for 15 minutes. 
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...