This is my first attempt making gingerbread house. I made this for my little boy but actually it's more for myself. One of my childhood dream is to EAT an edible house! lol.... Yes, this is 100% true. I remembered when I was small, I read some stories about edible candy house. And I finally made it today.
I didn't follow exactly those traditional gingerbread cookies recipe because what I really want is a candy house, not gingerbread! So I used butter cookie instead of gingerbread that I don't think my boy or myself would eat. I simplified everything, even the decoration because I was in a hurry to prepare dinner for my boy. Just sprinkled everything on top instead of sticking the candy one by one. Does it looks like after 'candy storm'? lol... Well, I'm satisfied with my little house and my boy was so happy to see it. He was curious about 'who or what is in the little house?' lol...
|My boy wondering: who/what is behind the crystal door??|
|The colored crystal door and window made with FOX candy.|
We eat up the house and the gingerbread man. No gingerbread man photos because we ate all before the decoration! lol....
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
100g Unsalted Butter (softened)
60g Icing Sugar
200g Plain Flour
About 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Some FOX fruity candy (smashed) - optional
1. Beat (A) until light and fluffy.
2. Add in (B) gradually and beat until well combined.
3. Sift in (C) gradually and mix with low speed until form a dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a cling wrap.
5. Cover and flatten. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. On a lined baking tray, roll out the dough.
7. Place the gingerbread house template on top.
8. Trim with a pizza cutter.
9. Bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 20 minutes. For colored crystal design, bake cookies for 10 minutes, remove from oven, add some FOX fruity candy in the 'hole'. Continue to bake another 10 minutes.
10. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
11. Mean while, prepare the GLUE. Refer Royal Icing recipe.
12. Assemble the house with royal icing and decorate with candy as desired.