Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Friday 26 December 2014

Homemade Marshmallow...Less Sweet Version 自制棉花糖...少甜版










3 months ago, I made my first batch of marshmallow. I made it with golden syrup and gelatin. Trust me, don't try the golden syrup recipe if you do not want to get diabetes! The pictures below was my first attempt making marshmallow with golden syrup. Super SWEET that after the first bite, I discard all without second thought. 


First attempt, made with golden syrup.


First attempt, made with golden syrup.
This time, I found a way to make it without syrup. The original recipe calls for egg whites but I refused to feed my little boy with raw egg whites, so I replaced the egg whites with meringue powder. The method is easy, basically just mix and whip up everything! The sweetness of this recipe is just nice, not too sweet and the texture is perfect. My boy and I finished all after I removed the marshmallow from the mould. :)

These marshmallows are best to be stored in the fridge or freezer to keep fresh and best served chilled. Love this! 



Ingredients and method:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


10g Powdered Gelatin
50ml Water

1. Pour the water into a bowl. Sprinkle gelatin and let it swell (for about 5 minutes).
2. Place the bowl in a larger bowl of hot water, stir until gelatin is fully dissolve.
3. Remove from the hot water, let it cool completely.
4. Mean while, prepare the rest of the ingredients.




2 tsp Meringue Powder
2 tbsp Water
40g Castor Sugar

5. In a mixer bowl, mix together meringue powder and 2 tbsp of water.
6. Beat the mixture with a whisk until foamy, gradually add in sugar. Whip well as shown in this picture. 



7. Add in gelatin mixture. Whip until it stop expanding.





8. Pour into a piping bag. 



9. Pipe into the moulds, cover and let it set in the fridge/ freezer. Grease the mould with a little butter if you are not using silicone mould.











10. Remove from mould and served chilled. Enjoy! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...