I couldn't recall how many times I have baked these cakes. I love the moist, soft and fluffy texture of these cakes especially the one filled with Vanilla Custard Cream. Preparation time would be slightly longer for custard cream made from scratch, however it's worth the effort and time spent.
I have 2 method making these cakes:
1. An ordinary way to bake in an oven.
2. A not-so-ordinary way to cook in my Tefal Actifry - Air-fried Hokkaido Chiffon Cake! If you are curious about how I made it, click here to see the method.
Both methods works for Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes as they were equally delicious that I could hardly tell the difference. To air-fry in Tefal Actifry, it's quick but I need to stand by the fryer all times because I need to rotate the cakes to get an even color of the cakes. Whereas baking cakes in an oven is easier and I can bake more at a time. And that's the reason why I never air fry cupcakes after I get my oven installed ;)
Egg Yolk Batter:
45g Egg Yolk
30g Castor Sugar
45ml Fresh Milk
60g Cake Flour (I use Hong Kong Flour)
135g Egg White
50g Castor Sugar
Icing Sugar for dusting
Prepare the filling in advance. For Nutella Whipped Cream recipe, click here.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱，请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢！
1. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar until pale and thick. Add in oil, mix well.
2. Add in fresh milk, mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak.
4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches). Pour evenly into 9 paper cups.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 165'C for 20-25 minutes.
Updated on 14 October 2015
I had been using this recipe since day one I baked Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes. Although it never turned out perfectly with a round smooth top, but I love the texture of it. Here are the cupcakes that I baked recently...
|Baked these 2 days ago... with Blackcurrant cream fillings.|
|As usual, all gone on the next day.|
|My boy wants more cakes, asked me to bake another batch for him :)|
|This time, no cream fillings because this is my boy's school snack. |
Just plain chiffon cake and this is what he likes most!
(that's what he said to me today but I think he must have forgotten the Custard Cream filling!)
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Tigress. Thank you.