Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 4 December 2014

Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake with Nutella Cream 北海道戚风杯子蛋糕


I couldn't recall how many times I have baked these cakes. I love the moist, soft and fluffy texture of these cakes especially the one filled with  Vanilla Custard Cream. Preparation time would be slightly longer for custard cream made from scratch, however it's worth the effort and time spent. 



I have 2 method making these cakes:

1. An ordinary way to bake in an oven.
2. A not-so-ordinary way to cook in my Tefal Actifry - Air-fried Hokkaido Chiffon Cake! If you are curious about how I made it, click here to see the method.

Both methods works for Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes as they were equally delicious that I could hardly tell the difference. Air-fry , it's quick but I need to stand by the fryer all times because I need to rotate the cakes to get an even color of the cakes. Whereas baking cakes in an oven is easier and I can bake more at a time. And that's the reason why I never air fry cupcakes after I got my oven installed ;)


Updated on 14 October 2015

I had been using this recipe since day one I baked Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes. Although it never turned out perfectly with a round smooth top, but I love the texture of it. Here are the cupcakes that I baked recently...



Baked these 2 days ago... with Blackcurrant cream fillings.

As usual, all gone on the next day.



My boy wants more cakes, asked me to bake another batch for him :)


This time, no cream fillings because this is my boy's school snack.
Just plain chiffon cake and this is what he likes most!
(that's what he said to me today but I think he must have forgotten the Custard Cream filling!) 





Ingredients: (Yield 9 cupcakes)

Egg Yolk Batter:

45g Egg Yolk

30g Castor Sugar

35g Oil 

45ml Fresh Milk

60g Cake Flour / Hong Kong Flour

Meringue:

135g Egg White

50g Castor Sugar 

Icing Sugar for dusting


Prepare the filling in advance. For Nutella Whipped Cream recipe, click here.
Or click here for  Vanilla Custard Cream recipe. 




If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!  


Method:

1. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar until pale and thick. Add in oil, mix well. 

2. Add in fresh milk, mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well. Set aside.

3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak.

4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches). Pour evenly into 9 paper cups. 

5. Bake in a preheated oven 165'C for 20-25 minutes. 



6. Let it cool completely on a wire rack.

7. Pipe the Nutella whipped cream to fill up each cake. Rotate the cake while piping the whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar. Add some fruit topping as desired. Keep in the fridge and serve chilled. If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!













































































































Recipe adapted from Kitchen Tigress. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...