Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 29 December 2014

Braised Oxtail & Carrot in Chu Hou Paste 柱侯酱焖红萝卜牛尾

Photo updated 5 January 2015, Added some carrots and potatoes, garnished with chinese coriander. I forgot to add star anise today, still taste good :)

Added some carrots, garnished with spring onion

Tender and delicious! 

I seldom cook beef at home because I do not like to touch beef. It's the smell that I don't like....but, I found a way that I do not need to touch the beef. :) Get the FROZEN one! lol...

I bought a packet of frozen oxtail that I planned to cook sup buntut (aka indonesian style oxtail soup) but I'm not in the mood of cooking something complicated today. So I changed my mind and cook this simple yet very time consuming braised oxtail in chu hou paste. Trust me, the oxtail tastes superb with Chu Hou paste. 

I normally use slow cooker to braise meat but I find it very oily sometimes. For cooking oxtail, I'd prefer to use a pot which is easier to remove oil on the surface. You could hardly see OIL floating in my pot of braised oxtail. :P


Ingredients:
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.


如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


660g Frozen Oxtail (thawed to room temperature)
3 slices Ginger





2 Small Onion (sliced)
4 slices Ginger
1/2 Star Anise (optional)


Star Anise
4-5 pcs Small Rock Sugar
2 medium size Carrot (peeled and cut into chunks)
Some Spring Onion/ Chinese Coriander

Seasoning:
2 tbsp Chu Hou Paste



1 tbsp Oyster Sauce


1 tsp Soy Sauce



Method:
1. Boil oxtail with 3 slices of ginger in a pot for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.





2. Heat oil in a skillet, cook small onion and ginger until fragrant. 



3. Add in Chu Hou paste and oxtail. Stir to combined. Add some boiling water and transfer to a pot. Add in star anise and rock sugar. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Turn off heat and let it rest for 15 minutes. 
5. Add in oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cook another 1 hour and repeat step 4.



6. Add in carrot. Cook another 1 hour or until the gravy is thicken and the oxtail is tender. Stir in spring onion/ chinese coriander and serve warm with steamed rice.


Photo updated 5 January 2015, we finished everything except the bones and ginger! lol...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...