|Animal marching 2 by 2...|
My less than 6 months old KitchenAid mixer was out of order. Without bread at home, I was struggling of WHAT TO COOK for breakfast everyday. So I decided to make bread with my biceps and triceps again...Yeah, hand knead without machine! Not so bad tho..Just 10 minutes kneading time, the bread turned out as good as machine kneaded bread. :) However, I'm gonna send my mixer to service centre today, although it's only 10 minutes, I still prefer to spend the 10 minutes with my son than kneading the dough! lol...
Ingredients and methods: Yield 9 buns
150g Fresh Milk
20g Condensed Milk
1. Pour the milk in a cup and warm it in a bowl of hot water or a milk bottle warmer.
2. Add condensed milk and mix well. The mixture should be 'just warm', not hot.
3g Instant Dry Yeast (slightly less than 1 tsp)
3. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk mixture. Cover with cling wrap and let it rest 25 minutes.
Mean while, prepare the below ingredients:
220g Bread Flour
30g Cake Flour
55g Castor Sugar
Pinch of Salt
27g Egg (lightly beaten)
30g Unsalted Butter (softened)
4. Mix all (C) in a mixing bowl.
5. Add in (A) + (B) mixture and egg. Use a spoon, stir in one direction until it form a sticky dough.
6. Transfer the dough on a cling wrap. Cover and let it rest for 20-25 minutes. (max 30 minutes)
7. Transfer the dough to a large mixing bowl. Knead the dough until it's smooth and pliable. Knead in butter and continue kneading until the dough passes the membrane test. Here's a video of how I knead the dough. Just fling the dough again and again!
8. When it's ready, just leave the dough in the same mixing bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for about an hour or doubled in size.
9. Deflate and divide dough into 9 equal portions, shape as desired and place on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle some water and let it proof doubled in size. About 50 minutes.
|My boy likes sweet bun with meat floss, so this is what I usually make for him.|
10. Bake in a preheated oven 170'C, middle rack for 15-20 minutes.
Click here for animal pictures printing method.