Seafood Tofu is nutritious and delicious. There are many ways of making seafood tofu. I personally don't like deep fried tofu with oil, although it's very delicious but I preferred the healthier and less oily version. I had tried 2 methods, steamed + pan fried and just pan fried. I don't like store bought fish paste, so I made my own with fresh Batang fish. No complicated steps, as easy as ABC. lol...
If you like seafood tofu without bread crumbs, click here for recipe.
2 Tube Egg Tofu
100g Fresh Prawn (shelled and deveined, finely chopped)
140g Fish Paste (Click here for homemade fish paste recipe)
25g Shredded Carrot
(or any chopped vegetables)
Some lightly beaten egg
1. Mix all the ingredients and seasoning in a bowl. Add a pinch garlic salt, white pepper and some sesame oil. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
2. Scoop up 2 tbsp of tofu mixture, shapes the tofu with wet hands.
3. In a plate, layer some generous amount of bread crumbs and some garlic salt. Coat the tofu with some flour, dip the coated tofu into the egg and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat for the rest.
4. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Heat some oil in a non stick skillet, cook the seafood tofu until golden brown.