I made this bento last week before I left for a short trip. I was in a rush because I baked 2 rounds of more than a dozen of bread for my sisters. I got to prepare bento for my little boy to eat in the car. With no time to cook, I made this...as easy as can be, I used the boneless chicken thigh that I marinated with some salt a night before, added some all purpose spices, sesame oil and honey....straight to the oven, grilled for 15 mins. Juicy and yummy grilled chicken, my boy likes this a lot lot lot!
|This is how I tell he likes the food :)|
1 Boneless Chicken Thigh (washed and dry with kitchen towel)
Some broccoli and baby corn (or any vegetables)
A pinch of Salt
Dash of All Purpose Seasoning
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
1 heap tsp Honey
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
Preheat oven 170'C Gratin Mode.
1. Add all seasoning to the chicken thigh.
2. Place the chicken on an aluminium foil, fold the edges up. Place on a baking tray.
3. Grill in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Mean while, fill up 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Add broccoli and baby corn and cook until just cooked (when the broccoli change to brighter green color).
5. Drain. Place the broccoli, baby corn and the grilled chicken in a clean container.
|This was a last minute bento, which was unplanned. For a healthier kid's bento, you may want to add some carrots, beans, eggs or any fruit of your choice. :)|
Notes: The cooking time may be vary for oven without Gratin Mode. Do adjust accordingly. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.