Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 29 September 2014

Purple Sweet Potato Chiffon Cupcakes 紫薯戚风杯子蛋糕





As I said, this blog is to archive food that I cooked for my little boy. Everything written here are genuine.. To be frankly to all, this is my first time EATING sweet potato chiffon cake! No kidding... I never see any store or bakery selling this cake. I only got the idea from google when I have a big packet of purple sweet potato sitting in my fridge that taking up too much space. 

Before this, I couldn't imagine how would it taste when a chiffon cake added with sweet potato. I made pandan chiffon, orange chiffon and lemon chiffon before, but my boy only like pandan chiffon. Now, this is the new flavor that he likes :) but he said he didn't like the 'grey color'...sigh...I was a little regret didn't add lemon juice to make them looks pinkish, but after I added the lemon juice, he may not like them....so, what should I do next time???? hmm...with some toppings maybe?


These cakes doesn't looks good to me... After I take them out from the oven, I don't even bother to try it and I went out straight to pick my boy. Until when we were back home, my boy ran to his table (where I put the cakes on the rack for cooling), he bite one of it and tells me 'mommy, it's good you know!' ...I ate 4 of them right after and while eating them, I took some snapshot of the cakes...just to show off how ugly are they!!! hahaha....but they are yummy..moist and soft....best when chilled. However, the pandan chiffon cake is still unbeatable! 


Ingredients: Make 10-11 cupcakes
(A) Mix and set aside
100g Purple Sweet Potato (preferably mashed and sieved, I was in a rush today so I just mashed)
3tbsp Fresh Milk


(B)
3 Egg Yolk
35g Sugar
50ml Oil
3tbsp Fresh Milk

(C)
80g Cake Flour

(D)
4 Egg White
50g Sugar

Method:
1. Whisk egg yolk until pale and thick. Add in oil mix well. Add in milk, mix well. Add in (A), mix well.
2. Sift in cake flour. Mix well, set aside.



3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak. 
4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches). Pour evenly into 10 paper cups, I didn't weight today as I was super duper rush! Actually I poured too much on each cups. 




5. Bake in a preheated oven 170'C for 25 minutes.
  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...